We've teamed up with great folks at Abrams Appleseed to offer "Montessori Monday's"! This is a first in a series.
As families prepare to head "back to school", we thought we would take this opportunity to offer a few tips to help ensure a smooth transition. After a long, hot and fun Summer, it can be challenging to get back into the swing of things, but hopefully these suggestions will help provide some direction.
1. Talk positive about school. “You get to go to school tomorrow!”
2. Relate your childhood experiences to your children. “I loved school. I was always so excited to go to school and meet new friends and learn new things.”
3. While it can be difficult for parents, we recommend a quick drop-off and pick-up.
4. When entering the school, walk in with your child, instead of carrying them.
5. Try to ensure a good night sleep.
6. Create a routine. Consistency is vital to early childhood development.
While these are just a few tips, we would be more than happy to elaborate on any of the above points. We are sure you have others. We would love to hear them.